Y’all, I am SO excited for March to get here! Not only is it March Madness (let’s be honest, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year, sorry Christmas!), but some dear friends of mine are tying the knot and I could not be more excited for them! Since I love them so much, I thought I’d share them with you!
I love getting to know my couples more and really understanding why we’re planning for their special day- what makes them love the other person and how we got to this point. I asked them both a few questions to get a better understanding of them and their relationship. Here’s what they had to say:
1) How did you meet?
- We met on eHarmony, something I was hesitant about but I'm glad that my best bud pushed me to sign up for it. We talked online for almost a month and then went on our first date September 19th, 2017 at Fireside Brewhouse in Greenwood.
2) What's the first thing you noticed or remember about the other person?
- I remember her smile, and her eyes... especially the fact that her glasses actually accentuated her eyes as opposed to hiding them.
3) What do you love most about the other person?
- Her passion for people and for Jesus. I have never felt more loved or encouraged than I do by Ronni. She cares so much about meeting people where they are, building them up, and pointing them towards Jesus that everyone who encounters her is better for it. I also love that she laughs at my jokes, because I told her on our first date that I'm the funniest person I know.
4) What has been your favorite part of wedding planning so far?
- The moment we pulled into (and picked) our venue. It was raining all day, we were both tired and I was tempted to just say "Forget it, let's do this another day". Just as we turned into the gravel lane the rain stopped and the clouds allowed the sun to peak through. We pulled up in front of the barn, looked at each other and said "this is it", before we ever saw the inside.
5) What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day?
- The first look and hearing the minister say "Mr. and Mrs. Brad Robertson" for the first time. I can't wait until we share that last piece of the puzzle, my last name.
1. How did you meet?
- We met online through eHarmony. I originally joined because I was having trouble meeting people in Fort Myers, FL where I was student ministry. Our first date was at Fireside Brewhouse, after I finally gave in to meeting Brad. (I wouldn't give him my phone number until we met in person! #safetyfirst)
2. What's the first thing you noticed or remember about the other person?
- I remember being so nervous, but when I saw him waiting for me outside, I had this weird passing thought that this could be my last first date. He opened the door for me, and then guided me to our table. Most of these first real life dates were awkward, but he was hilarious and so easy to talk to. It felt like I knew him my whole life. When dinner was ending, I asked him to continue it by getting ice cream, even though I was STUFFED, because I didn't want the night to end. And the rest is history :)
3. What do you love most about the other person?
- This is such a difficult question. There is so much that I love about him. The things that caused me to fall in love with him though are his handiness, his skills in the kitchen, and his love for others. He goes over and beyond to make sure that everyone is feeling loved, included, and taken care of-- he is truly the best friend you could ever ask for. It doesn't hurt either that he cooks all of my favorite foods, especially since I cannot cook anything, and I was scared my kids would starve or continually live off of turkey and cheese sandwiches!
4. What has been your favorite part of wedding planning so far?
- There have been a lot of wonderful moments planning this wedding. Brad mentioned finding our wedding venue, which was definitely a huge deal. Another highlight was finding a bridesmaid dress that fit and looked good on every bridesmaid-- "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress."
5. What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day?
- I am so excited for the first look and for when I can call Brad my husband. That day is going to be amazing.
Brad and Ronni are those genuine people that you know will drop everything and help, no questions asked. Together they make a pretty killer team and I know they are going to do some great things together in their future. Can’t wait until their big day and to share with you all!